17. To meet requirements for nonsecure voice transmission (code V1), the
Signal level should be no higher
a. +10 dBm at 0.4 kHz, and no lower than -18 dBm at 2.8 kHz.
b. -8 dBm at 0.4 kHz, and no higher than +20 dBm at 2.8 kHz.
c. -8 dBm at 0.4 kHz, and no lower than -20 dBm at 2.8 kHz.
d. -10 dBm at 4.0 kHz, and no higher than +18 dBm at 2.8 kHz.
18. The maximum net loss is the total loss between the input level of the
sending terminal as compared with the output level of the receiving
terminal. To meet requirements of the maximum net loss variation parameter,
the sending terminal must be transmitting at a level that lies between the
a. -6 dBm and +2 dBm.
b. -6 dBm and -2 dBm.
c. +6 dBm and -2 dBm.
d. +6 dBm and +2 dBm.
19. The level of noise allowed on a particular channel is 46 dBrn, what
would that noise level be equal to in dBm?
a. -56 dBm.
b. -54 dBm.
c. -46 dBm.
d. -44 dBm.
20. Assume that you want to find a parameter that states relative loss for
a subscriber-to-switch circuit in 50-kHz wide-band service over metallic
facilities. You will look in parameter code
Check your answers with Lesson 2: Practice Exercise Solution Sheet (page
104) and make necessary corrections.