(29) The shaft of the mixer should be
adjusted about 25 off vertical,
and to the right of the center of
the container when mixing a chemical
Which figure illustrates the
for most efficient mixing?
(30) If the shaft of the mixer is placed
in the center of the bucket, it will
cause a whirlpool effect, which intro-
duces air (oxidation) into the solution
and will ruin the solution.
Oxidation will ________ the solution.
(31) Do not place the shaft of the mixer
in the center of the bucket because
it will cause the solution to
___ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
(32) Another reason for not placing the
shaft of the mixer in the center of
the bucket is that the chemicals
will pile up and not dissolve be-
neath the end of the shaft, because
center of the bucket.
(NO RESPONSE REQUIRED)
(33) To prevent oxidation of the chemical
solution is the main reason for not