(1) TURN on the densitometer power by rotating the ZERO ADJUST knob (A) slightly to the
THE DENSITOMETER IS NORMALLY LEFT IN THE ON POSITION.
ALLOW A THIRTY-MINUTE WARM-UP PERIOD IF THE DENSITOMETER
WAS TURNED OFF. IF YOUR DENSITOMETER IS ALREADY ON,
PROCEED WITH STEP TWO.
(2) LOCATE the 1mm/OFF/2 & 3mm aperture toggle switch (B) on the rear panel of the
densitometer. MOVE this switch to the 2 & 3mm position, which provides the correct light output to
utilize the 2 & 3mm aperture.
(3) RETURN to the front of the machine and rotate the filter selector (C) until the GOLD filter
trim control (H) is in the bottom position.
(4) SET the calibration reference center (E) in the forward position (toward you).
(5) DEPRESS the snout lever (D) gently until the meter needle (G) deflects.
(6) ROTATE the ZERO ADJUST knob (A) as required until ZERO indication is obtained on the
IF ZERO METER INDICATION CANNOT BE OBTAINED, THE GOLD
FILTER TRIM CONTROL (H) MAY ALSO BE ADJUSTED SLIGHTLY.
(7) Push the CALIBRATION reference lever (E) toward the rear.
KEEP the snout lever
(8) ADJUST the CALIBRATION control knob (F) as required to obtain the density reading that
(9) RETURN the CALIBRATION reference lever (E) to its original position and RECHECK the
ZERO ADJUST setting. If a zero adjustment is required, RECHECK the CALIBRATION setting also.
CONTINUE until both settings are correct.
(10) You are now ready to make density readings. Two readings, D/MIN and base-plus-fog, are
required to determine the accuracy of the sensistrip exposures. PLACE what appears to be thinnest area
of the image over the aperture, emulsion side up, DEPRESS the snout lever, and READ the density
indicated by the needle on the meter face.