Ektaprint 2 developer and bleach/fix solutions are aqueous mixtures that
contain hazardous ingredients. Prolonged contact with the solutions can
cause acute skin and eye irritation.
Prolonged inhalation of the
solutions could cause upper respiratory tract irritation. If you swallow
solutions, induce vomiting immediately.
In case of skin contact, flush
the affected area thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. Always
contact a physician as soon as possible.
(2) Part "B" contains preservatives sodium sulfite and hydroxylamine
that help protect developing agents from oxidation.
(3) Part "C" contains color developing agent CD-3.
(4) Part "D" restrainer contains chloride (potassium bromide).
c. Bleach/Fix Components.
(1) Bleaching agent: iron (111) EDTA (ETHYLENE DIAMINE TETRACETIC
(2) Fixing agent: ammonium thiosulfate (hypo).
d. Cleanliness of Equipment.
life of the solutions depends a great deal upon the cleanliness of the
equipment you use to mix and store them. Solution contamination will ruin
(1) Take extreme care to avoid getting any bleach/fix in the
developer. A very small amount of bleach/fix in the developer will cause an
overall stain on your prints. The color of the stain may vary from cyan to
magenta, depending on the degree of contamination.
(2) To minimize contamination while mixing, label the tanks and lids,
identifying the chemical, and do not interchange.