Preventive Maintenance Steps
a. The daily operator's preventive maintenance steps. This is a list
of steps that must be performed daily before operating the Camera Set KS7A.
The daily preventive maintenance must be done before the equipment is used
each day and the appropriate entry made on DA FORM 2404, EQUIPMENT
INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE WORKSHEET, IAW TM 38750.
b. The following preventive maintenance steps must be performed:
(1) Remove dust and lint with a soft camel's hair brush or an air
syringe. If cleaning of lens assembly is required, refer to paragraph c
(2) Rotate the working controls on the lens assembly to be sure that
they are operating properly. Excessive looseness or binding indicates a
defect; when this condition is observed, turn in the lens assembly for
repair or replacement using the appropriate forms as outlined in TM 38750.
(3) Use a clean, lintfree cloth to remove dust, dirt, or moisture from
external metal surfaces. If necessary, dampen the cloth with cleaning
compound and then wipe with a dry clean cloth.
(4) All control knobs of the converter should work smoothly, be tight on
the shafts, and should not bind. Tighten all loose knobs and be sure that
the knobs do not rub against the panel.
(5) Inspect all latches for positive action. If wear or damage is
apparent, refer to higher echelon for replacement using appropriate forms as
outlined in TM 38750.
c. Additional preventive maintenance information. The lens elements of
the lens assembly should be cleaned once a week. DO NOT clean the lens
elements more often than once a week unless necessary. Excessive cleaning
can mar the lens surfaces.