(4) Slip the corners of the unnotched shorter edge of the cut film
under the film slips (along each long side of the septum) and slide the cut
film completely into the cut film holder.
(5) Swing the bottom flap closed and hold down firmly.
(6) Insert the dark slide into the slide with the channel so that the
raised identification dots face away from the cut film holder.
(7) Push the dark slide all the way into the cut film holder; make
sure the end of the leading edge of the dark slide engages the groove along
the edge of the bottom flap.
(8) Turn the slide hook over the end of the dark slide to prevent
accidental removal of the dark slide.
(9) Load the reverse side of the cut film holder by repeating the
procedures in (1) through (8) above.
(10) Load additional cut film holders by repeating the procedures in
(1) through (9) above.
b. Loading film pack adapter (B, figure 8). The film pack adapter may
be loaded under existing lighting conditions. Do not expose the film pack
to direct sunlight during loading.
(1) Make sure the dark slide is inserted in the film pack adapter.
(2) Simultaneously press the two cover release studs to open the
(3) Unwrap the film pack and insert in the film pack adapter as
Hold the film pack carefully by the sides. DO NOT depress
the black safety cover or twist the metal frame; to do so
may cause light to enter the film pack.
(4) Make sure that the film pack is inserted in the film pack adapter
with the paper safety cover facing the dark slide (down), and that all the
paper tabs rest in the paper tab slot.