(1) Remove the front and rear lens caps from the lens and shutter
(2) Check the optical parts for cleanliness; if cleaning is required,
refer to paragraph 66 for cleaning information.
(3) Install the front lens cap on the front cell of the lens and
(4) Return rear lens cap to carrying case for safe storage.
b. Installation of lens and shutter assembly. Install the lens and
(1) Slide the lens board retainer (figure 7) to the left and upward
as far as possible.
with the lower edge behind the fixed lower lens board retainer.
(3) Set the lens board completely in the recess of the front of the
lens board mounting plate.
(4) Slide the lens board retainer down and to the right as far as
possible to secure the lens board in place.
Leave the front lens cap in position until actual use of the
camera is required. This protects the lens from damage and
unnecessary accumulation of dust and foreign matter.
(5) Attach the cable release to the cable release socket by screwing the
threaded end of the cable release into the socket.
43. To insure that the selected lens will be secured properly to the lens
board mounting plate, you must use the ____________________________________.