SECTION 2. ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE
a. Scope of Organizational Preventive Maintenance.
maintenance checks and services of the radio set are required on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Organizational maintenance includes the following functions.
(1) Monthly preventive maintenance checks and services.
(2) Quarterly preventive maintenance checks and services.
(5) Sectionalization of faults.
(6) Loop testing.
(7) Tube testing and replacement.
(8) Replacement of modules.
Since the scope of organizational maintenance is greater than that of operator's maintenance,
tools and test equipment are required to perform the assigned duties. The tools, materials, and
test equipment needed for organizational maintenance include the following items.
(1) Tool Kit, TK-115/U.
(2) Tube puller which is stored on the dust cover of the transmitter RF head.
(3) Cleaning compound and cloth.
(4) Heat sink compound (CMC 334-290).