e. When you process roll film, be sure to place it on the roll feed
adapter (or in the magazine) so it will feed through the processor emulsion up.
If you plan on multi-strand processing, allow a 5-minute interval between the
strands to keep them properly positioned in the in the processor so they won't
Thread the film strands through the roll film takeup so that they
wind onto the takeup spools evenly without damaging the edges of the film.
f. When the operation ends, turn off the replenisher switch, remove the
cover, and wipe any "splashed" chemicals from the crossover assemblies and
other exposed surfaces.
g. Always feed film into the processor emulsion side up.
microswitch also actuates replenisher pumps into the auto mode of operation as
the leading edge of the film enters the detector roller assembly.
Versamat SOP Checklist:
(1) Check for obstructions in gears, chains, belts, etc.
(2) Check racks and crossovers for proper seating and clean them.
(3) Check all dry rollers.
(4) Check dryer compartment for cleanliness.
(5) Check silver recovery cartridge for proper operation and silver
(6) Check solution levels in processor and replenisher tanks.
(7) Make sure all switches on the control panel are in the "OFF"
position, the speed control is at "0" (full counterclockwise), and the wash
b. Daily Startup
(1) Ensure all switches on the control panel are in the "OFF" position,
the speed control is at "0" and the wash tank drain valves are closed.
(2) Turn on the water and adjust the flow rate to approximately 0.5
gallons per minute at a temperature 5 F less than the developer temperature
(3) Turn on MAIN POWER.
NOTE: The MAIN DRIVE switch activates the water pump for the wash
tanks. As a precaution, to keep this pump from "running dry," never
turn the main power on unless the water