(3) A power transfer switch connects the generators output to a
The procedures used to set up and operate Power
Units PU-617/M, PU-628/G, and PU-625/G are the
Reference may be made to a specific
(1) Locate the power unit a minimum of 25 feet from load on as
level a surface as possible for efficient operation.
The generator will operate satisfactorily up to
15 degrees out of level; however, effort should
be made to keep generator as level as possible.
(2) Select firm, dry, well-drained ground.
(3) Avoid a muddy, sandy, and dusty location. If unavoidable,
construct a foundation of planks, timber, logs, ammunition boxes, or
other suitable material.
transmission path of antenna system.
Never place the generator too close to the load
due to possible electrical static.
(4) Select a site that provides natural concealment (trees,
bushes), but still allows enough space on the sides for service and
(5) Set brakes and block wheels securely to prevent any
Operate hand brake at weekly intervals to assure freedom
(6) Pull the leg prop down and adjust length for firm contact
WHEELS MUST BE BLOCKED, BRAKES SET, AND LEG PROP
DOWN IN SUPPORT POSITION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO
ROLL UP THE TARPAULIN AND BEFORE STARTING TO
ASSEMBLE OR SET UP THE EQUIPMENT FOR OPERATION.