(4) Push the module switch assembly (8) into the control unit until the buttons are clear of the
front panel and then lift the assembly up and out of the central unit.
(5) Tag and remove the electrical wires from the defective component.
(6) Attach the wires to the replacement assembly as tagged.
(7) Lower the module switch assembly into the control unit and move it forward until the
pushbuttons protrude through the six holes.
(8) Secure the module switch assembly with the four screws, washer, lockwashers, and nuts.
(9) Insert jack J2 into plug P2.
(10) Replace the control unit cover and secure it with the 16 screws and washers.
d. Light box switch replacement. The light box has 68 front panel switches, each of which is
replaced in an identical manner. Proceed as follows to replace a defective switch.
(1) Remove power and raise the driving mechanism.
(2) The front panel is hinged at the bottom. Loosen the two knurled thumbscrews and the two
round head screws at the bottom of the light box and swing the front panel down.
(3) Remove the switch by removing the attaching nut. If the defective switch is located at the
top of a switch column, the ON-OFF plate will slide off the front of the switch when the nut is removed.
(4) Tag and remove the electrical wires from the defective switch.
(5) Attach the wires to the replacement switch as tagged.
(6) Install the new switch and secure it with the nut. Do not forget the ON-OFF plate if there
was one on the switch.
(7) Swing the front panel up and secure it with the two knurled thumbscrews and the two screws.
e. Printing lamp and safelamp replacement.
(1) Raise the driving mechanism and disconnect the lamp drawer plug which is located in back
of the printing head.
(2) Loosen the two knurled screws on the front panel and the two wing nuts at the rear of the