(11) Remove the screws (17) from the ends of the table end tube (18) and slide the table end tube
out of the loop formed by the apron.
(12) Remove the apron from the drier.
(1) Feed the apron (14) under and around the drum (15).
(2) Place the tension rod (10) in its brackets.
(3) Hold the tension rod and slide the drive roller (11), in turn, through the hole in the left
bearing support channel (9) and the loop formed by the apron (14).
(4) On the EL-5(2) and EL-5(4), engage the mating end of the drive roller (11) with the output
shaft of the motor and gearbox assembly. On the EL-5(3), engage the mating end of the drive roller (11)
with the output shaft of (11) with the output shaft of the motor assembly.
(5) Install the bearing retainer (8, fig. 3-15) and secure it with the screws (6) and the lockwasher
(6) Install the takeup roller (12) in the guide channel (13).
(7) Install each of the guide tubes (1) as follows:
(a) Seat the tube retainer spring (2) in its respective hold in the drier frame.
(b) Slip the guide tube (from the left side of the drier) through the loop formed by the apron
(c) Seat the innermost end of the guide tube against the installed tube retainer spring (2).
(d) Compress the tube retainer spring by pushing against it with the guide tube (1) until the
free end of the guide tube can be seated in the opposite (left) side of the drier frame.
(8) Straighten and align the apron with the edges of the drum.
(9) Slip the table end tube (18) through the apron loop that remains outside of the drier frame.
(10) Fit the table end tube to the end of the feed table assembly (16) and loosely secure it with the
(11) Slip the squeegee roller (5) between the two thicknesses of the apron.