(5) The shutter should open each time it is tripped.
c. Shutter speed control.
(1) Rotate the shutter speed dial throughout its range.
(2) Check that it is not loose.
(Each indicated shutter speed should
have a positive click and align with the shutter speed index.)
d. Frame counter.
(1) Turn the film advance lever until it stops and then press the
shutter release button.
(2) Do this several times. (This frame counter should move one division
each time the shutter is wound.)
e. Film rewind knob.
(1) Unfold film rewind crank and rotate it several turns.
(2) Check for smooth operation.
(The film rewind fork, inside the
camera body, should rotate as the rewind knob is turned.)
(1) Wind the shutter.
(2) Turn the stopped-down/self-timer lever away from lens mount until it
(3) Press the shutter release button.
(The shutter should open after
delay of approximately 10 seconds.)
g. Lens mounting flange.
(1) Check to see that the surface of the flange is smooth and free of
dirt, nicks and burrs. (The mounting screws should be tight.)
(2) Mount a lens on the camera and lock it in position. (It should not
bind while mounting. The lens lock should hold the lens securely.)
h. Film transport.