(1) Load the camera with film. (The film advance lever should operate
smoothly and the film should not drag or bind.)
(2) Rewind the film.
(Rewinding should be smooth and without binding.)
To avoid waste, use a roll of outdated film if it is available.
(1) Rewind and remove the film if the camera is loaded.
(2) Mount flash unit on the camera.
(3) Set the shutter speed dial to 60.
(4) Turn the flash unit on and wait approximately 5 seconds.
(5) Turn the film advance lever until it stops and then press the
shutter release button.
(6) Do this several times.
(The flash should flash each time.)
(1) Mount the lens on the camera body.
(Mounting should be smooth and
the lens should lock securely.)
(2) Rotate the focusing ring throughout its range.
(Rotation should be
smooth and free of binding.)
(3) Rotate the preset aperture ring throughout its range.
operate smoothly and without binding.
Each aperture number and one
intermediate position should have a positive click.)
(4) Check the filter mounting threads.
(5) Check self-storing lens hood
movement and for physical damage.
k. Cable release.
(1) Depress and release the plunger. (The spring in the cable release
should return the plunger to its out position.)