(4) Close the access door.
2-19 Using Negative Carriers
a. Roll film.
(1) Hold the carrier so that the curves of the negative carrier face
upward and place the roll of film in the left-hand curve.
(2) Pass the film, emulsion side down, between the upper and lower
plates of the carrier until the frame to be enlarged is centered in the
(3) Press the upper plate against the lower plate.
Pull the control
lever forward and place the negative carrier on the film stage bridge;
return the control lever to the rear position.
b. 4 by 5 inch negative carrier.
(1) Place the film, emulsion side down, over the lower plate of the
(2) Proceed as indicated in a(3) above.
c. 5-inch aerial roll film negative carrier.
(1) Place the spool of film on the handcrank shaft in one of the bracket
assemblies and place an empty film spool on the corresponding shaft in the
other bracket assembly. To place a film spool on the shaft, push the shaft
in against the pivot until one end is free. Slip the spool over the free
end of the shaft.
(2) Slide the film, emulsion side down, between the negative carrier
plates, and insert the free end of the film strip in the empty spool.
(3) Turn the handcrank which controls the empty spool until the frame to
be enlarged is centered in the aperture.
a. Pull out the releasing spring and raise the hinged frame.
b. Adjust the masking arms for the size enlargement to be made.