(11) Activate PLAYBACK mode to check recorded input.
(12) Activate STOP mode and rewind.
(13) Activate EJECT mode and remove cassette.
(14) Turn power off.
f. Operator's maintenance of audiotape cartridge and cassette units
(1) Disconnect and inspect the power cord for serviceability.
(2) Dust all exterior surfaces with a soft cloth.
(3) Replace any damaged outer parts, with spare parts.
(4) Clean the drive system, including the capstan and pinch rollers, using denatured alcohol
and cotton swabs.
(5) Clean the recording and reproducing heads and tape guides, using denatured alcohol and
(6) Visually inspect the tape tension arm. If it is damaged, replace it in accordance with the
(7) Visually inspect the tape tension mechanism.
If it is damaged or not functioning
properly, report it to the proper personnel.
(8) Check the input and output connectors.
(9) Perform an operational check of the audio recorder/reproducer, in accordance with the
manufacturer's manual, using a prerecorded audiotape.