Remember, the production is not for the crew to watch but for the
a. A field production is as truly a production as one in a studio,
The director is totally
dependent on the cameraman in field productions for all-around footage. There
are no retakes during spontaneous uncontrolled action. If his cameraman misses
a shot in the studio, the director may switch to another camera, but this is
not possible in the field.
These videotapes may be used for training, briefings, or for
medical or military operations.
Documentation allows a commander to observe
the strengths and weaknesses of his troops which may be helpful for future
Medical personnel can view medical videotapes of
procedures in the field.
Recruiters use videotapes to brief individuals on
different Army MOS and their respective schools.
Some of the uses of
(1) Videotaping field medical procedures to furnish visual and audio
information of immediate value.
investigations, and POW identification.
(3) Military operations documentation may be of value to commanders for
use in generating ideas, conducting and evaluating combat or combat support,
and is useful for staff studies.
(4) Technical intelligence documentation consists of coverage of items
(5) Psychological operations
material essential to PSYOPS.
(6) Audiovisual combat support teams provide aerial documentation for
commanders to plan and verify deployments.
(7) Training support is a primary mission in peacetime, necessary to
(8) Remote equipment can be used in surveillance, recording terrain and
other features or documenting a hazardous area.
(9) Briefings give personnel a rapid presentation of a particular
A videotape can replay pertinent data to the performance of a