(3) The operator will apply power to the recorder, pressing the POWER
button, located on the front panel of the recorder.
(4) Power is then applied to the camera using the CAMERA POWER switch
in the VR position. If the camera had a battery, the operator would use the
CAMERA position on the CAMERA POWER switch.
(5) The operator would then press the EJECT button to insert the
small video cassette, making sure the red button is in place in the bottom
of the cassette, and gently press down on the recorder cassette housing
(6) At this time, the operator will select on the FOCUS RING the
INDOOR or OUTDOOR position in order to obtain a true white balance for the
lighting conditions. Once selected, the operator would zoom in on a white
object, making sure he is in focus, and then would press the SET button to
white balance the camera.
An indicator light will light up in the
viewfinder to tell the operator that the camera is white balanced or more
light is needed.
(7) After this operation, the camera is ready for use by the operator