(1) General test procedures. You must determine the type of test and
the location of the test points to identify the actual bad item of
equipment. Troubleshooting technique for this type of defect is continuity
(2) Test procedure 82. The only test is to measure continuity of the
CX-13062/U pin B to pin B. Turn the RT OFF.
Remove the RT from the MT-1029.
Remove the CX-13062/U from the J-3513/U J1.
Measure continuity of the CX-13062/U P1 pin B to P2 pin B.
If infinity is measured, the CX-13062/U is bad (open).
If zero ohms is measured, the J-3513/U is bad.
39. WHEN PERFORMING EPC STEP 44, THE SYMPTOMS ARE:
(1) NO SIDETONE AND NO RECEPTION IS HEARD.
(2) SIDETONE IS HEARD, BUT NO RECEPTION IS HEARD.
(3) NO SIDETONE IS HEARD, BUT RECEPTION IS HEARD.
a. Situation 25.
Symptoms (1) and (2) indicate the modulation and
reception circuits are bad while symptom (3) indicates the KY-57 is bad.
These symptoms are caused by an open or a short circuit. Trace the cipher
the following possible bad items of equipment. (The dashed lines on Figure
104 represent circuits that were checked good in plain text and EPC step 40
(2) For reception circuit:
Dashed line represents circuits that were check good, in Plain Text,
and when the KY-57 is turned on.