(o) P1 Connector on the back of the RT is the primary power connector.
(p) J5 Connector on the side of the RT is used to connect VINSON communications
(a) Handset H-250, is used to talk and listen during operations. Vehicular sets may use a
speaker for reception.
(b) Antenna AS-3683/PRC is the flexible ribbon antenna used on the AN/PRC-119.
(c) Battery box CY-8523/VRC or CY-8523A/VRC is used to attach and protect the
(d) Battery BA-5590/U is a lithium battery used to supply operate power to the RT
during manpack operation.
(e) Battery BA-1372 is a mercury battery used to maintain memory during short periods
of shut down. (FCTN switch is at OFF position.)
Now that we have become familiar with SINCGARS let's assemble the AN/PRC-119.
(1) Stand the RT on the front panel guards. This will make installation of the battery and
battery box easier.
(2) Visually inspect the battery box for dirt and damage.
(3) Place the battery box on the RT and secure it with the hold-down latches.
(4) Inspect the battery. If it is not new check the battery life condition, write it down so you
can enter it in the RT memory later.
(5) Insert the battery into the battery box and mate the connectors.
(6) Close and secure the battery box.
(7) Turn the RT over and set it on the battery box.
(8) Assemble the whip antenna with the flexible antenna base. DO NOT overtighten.