(1) When installing a new battery remove the tape from the battery connector and place it on
the side of the battery. The tape makes a convenient place to write the battery life condition when you
remove the battery.
(2) Set the FCTN switch to LD. The RT will not accept information unless the switch is in
the LD position.
(3) Press the BATT/CALL button. The display will show 00. Press the CLR button and the
display will show __ __. Enter the battery life condition, 00 for a new battery or the number you found
on the used battery you are installing.
(4) Press the STO ENT button. To enter the battery life information in permanent memory.
Display will blink to indicate entry has been entered.
(5) Set the FCTN switch to SQ ON. This is the normal operating position. It allows you to
hear received signals and eliminates unwanted noise when no signal is being received.
d. Load the Manual Channel. During SC operation used to store and utilize the manual channel
frequency solely as a single channel frequency.
(1) Set the FCTN switch to LD.
(2) Press keypad FREQ button. The display will show 30000 since no frequency has been
loaded in the MAN channel. (If CHAN switch is in a position other than MAN the display will show
(3) To remove the data stored in the manual channel, 30000, press the CLR button. The
display will show _ _ _ _ _.
(4) Enter the frequency from left to right. As each number is entered it will appear in the
display window. If you make an error it can be erased by pressing the CLR button.
(5) Press STO ENT button to enter the frequency into permanent memory. Must be done
within 7 seconds.
(6) To enter an additional frequency select another channel number (1-6) and repeat the
procedure for loading single channel frequencies.
(7) Set the FCTN switch to SQ ON.