g. Perform after operation PMCS.
(1) NCS directs the closing of the net.
"NET C/S THIS IS NCS C/S CLOSE DOWN OVER"
"NCS C/S THIS IS 1ST NM C/S ROGER OUT"
"NCS C/S THIS IS 2ND NM C/S ROGER OUT"
"NCS C/S THIS IS 3RD NM C/S ROGER OUT"
(2) Press BATT/CALL button, note battery life condition, write it down so you can enter it
on the battery after you remove it.
(3) Turn the KY-57 OFF and set the FILL switch to Z 1-5. This will zeroize the fill in the
(4) Set the RT FCTN switch to the TST position. The RT will perform the same tests it did
on start-up. The results and displays should be the same.
(5) Set the RT FCTN switch to Z-A. Wait for the display to show "Good."
(6) Set the RT FCTN switch to STW. This is for long term shut-down.
(7) Disconnect COMSEC cable from the KY-57 and RT.
(8) Remove the battery from the KY-57.
(9) Disassemble the radio set. Reverse assembly procedures. Write the battery life condition
on the battery.
(10) Annotate the DA Form 2404.