a. Loading the 4" x 5" filmholders (figure 8). The following
procedures apply to each of the 4" x 5" filmholders.
FIGURE 8. Loading 4" x 5" filmholder.
(1) Pull out the slide and partially reinsert it in the filmholder.
Make sure that the bright side of the slide (notches) faces out.
(2) Open the hinged bottom of the filmholder. Hold the hinged bottom
open with the left hand and the film in the right hand, with the forefinger
on the notches. Make sure that the notches are in the position as shown, so
that the emulsion (dull) side will face up.
(3) Slide the film into the grooves, along the sides of the
filmholder, until it is fully inserted. Close the hinged bottom.
(4) Insert the slide completely into the filmholder and into the
(5) Lift the locking screw (not shown) to hold the slide in position.
(6) Turn the filmholder over and load the opposite side by repeating
the procedures in (1) through (5) above.