(7) Logistical situation.
(10) Availability of multichannel equipment.
(11) Availability of frequencies.
b. System Procedures. You must have clear and detailed standing
operating procedures (SOPs) for your multichannel operations.
SOPs must direct all signal operations to conform with the current
Each multichannel team chief
receives extracts from the SOI.
They contain prearranged message
the unit authentication system.
NOTE: The SOIs and these extracts must be delivered well in advance
The team chief also receives tactical maps and codes covering the
tactical employment must be encrypted. The team chief authenticates
the transmission when operating nonsecure. The originator also must
Some engineering is now done over secure FM radio.
Nonsecure transmission of the following types of information is
(1) Terminal and relay locations.
(2) Movement instructions to stations.
(3) Identification of stations with units.
(4) Instructions regarding future tactical deployment.
(6) Essential elements of friendly information.
Information regarding changes in a circuit originate at the terminal
of the higher HQ. They must transmit from both