(2) Figure 2-2 illustrates the maneuver BOS in more detail. Note the functions and
subfunctions and how they are logically arranged. You can see the relationship among the levels of
detail within the maneuver BOS. A progressively detailed listing of combat actions is shown.
Figure 2-2. Maneuver BOS
(3) A BOS that is especially important to the commander, and the one that relates to all
others, is C2. C2 is the process of generating and applying combat power decisively. Figure 2-3, page 2-
6, illustrates the logical arrangement of specific duties required to support C2. Note the functions of
acquiring information, assessing the situation, determining actions, and directing and leading forces are
each subdivided into progressively greater detailed subfunctions.
d. Applications. According to TRADOC Pam 11-9, the Blueprint is a framework useful for a
variety of applications which are summarized below:
(1) Checklist to ensure that all functions and tasks are considered in a study or plan.
(2) Structure which can be used to identify all branches or proponents that perform the same
functions or tasks.
(3) Structure for reporting battlefield weaknesses or threat vulnerabilities (i.e., issues) as well