The procedures for the removal of crosses from drop, block, inside, and bridle wiring are
similar to those for the removal of crosses from telephone cables.
Telephone Set TA-236/FT, Continuity Test.
The continuity test for each of the circuits in the TA-236/FT is covered in a through d below. It will be
necessary to remove the housing assembly for all of the continuity tests and to operate the hookswitch
a. Ringer Circuit. Connect one lead of the test receiver to terminal L2; with the other lead, test
at the following points: terminal K, the end of the GY ringer lead at the ringer coil, the end of the BLK
lead at the coil terminal, terminal G, and the ring side of the line at the connecting block. Transfer the
test receiver lead from terminal L2 to terminal G and test at terminal A, the GY-RED lead at the coil
terminal, terminal L2, and the tip side of the line at the connecting block.
b. Transmitter Circuit, Manual.
(1) Remove the protective plastic housing from the switch assembly by grasping the sides of
the housing with the finger and thumb and then applying a gentle pressure. This disengages two small
projections from slots in the switch mounting. Draw the bottom end of the housing away from the
(2) Block switch contacts B-C to prevent them from closing when the switch is in the
(3) Connect one lead of the test receiver to terminal L2, and with the other lead, test at switch
contact C, terminal C, and then terminal B.
(4) Remove the transmitter cap, the transmitter cup, and the transmitter element from the
(5) Reseat the element in the cup and hold it in this position by hand; then continue to test at
the BLK lead terminal and RED lead terminal at the cup.
(7) Continue the tests at Terminal R, terminal RR, the switch contacts E and D, terminal L1,
and the ring side of the line at the connecting block.