(1) Remove the focusing back.
(2) Close the shutter and darken the room.
(3) Move a light around inside the bellows with the bellows fully
(4) Watch the outside of the bellows for pinhole or other light
(5) Operate the handwheels to move the bellows to check for faults
that may appear only while the bellows are being flexed.
(6) Set the speed cam for various speeds and operate the shutter
release lever each time.
Check to be sure that the shutter closes
completely at all speeds.
(7) Replace the focusing back.
b. Check the converter as follows:
(1) Wrong setting of switches and controls.
(2) POWER CORD or INPUT CORD disconnected or poorly connected.
(3) Burned out fuse (usually indicates some other fault).
(4) Light assembly cables disconnected or poorly connected.
(5) Burned out pilot light.
equipment performance checklist is used to
systematically check equipment performance.
All corrective measures that
the operator can perform are given in the corrective measures column. If
the action taken by the operator does not correct the fault, additional
maintenance is required by higher echelon personnel.
The operator should
note on the DA Form 2404 how the equipment performed and the corrective
Start at the beginning of the checklist and follow each
step in sequence to locate trouble.