3-32 Preventive Maintenance Services
Procedures for routine preventive maintenance are explained in para
3-34. Make a careful inspection of the equipment before and after each time
it is used. It is essential to keep the drier clean at all times. Abrasive
particles in dust may settle on film and cause scratches.
a. Dust the interior and exterior of the cabinet.
Use a dry, clean,
b. Clean the interior and exterior of the cabinet with a sponge and
warm soap solution to remove all traces of accumulated dust or dirt. Rinse
and wipe thoroughly with a chamois.
c. For stubborn dirt or other foreign substances, use cleaning
compound. Remove cleaning compound residue with the sponge and warm water
and soap solution.
Remove the soap solution with the chamois and clear
d. Remove corrosion with cleaning compound and #0000 sandpaper.
cleaning compound residue as described in c above.
dangerous. Be sure that adequate ventilation is provided.
Cleaning compound is flammable; DO NOT use it near a flame.
e. Clean the air filter as follows:
(1) Remove the two screws that hold the bottom pan to the metal baffle
(2) Lift the bottom pan and remove it from the cabinet.
(3) Lift the air filter up and out of the bottom of the cabinet.
(4) Tap the dirt out of the air filter.
available, use the suction to remove the dirt.
(5) Return the air filter; be sure that the dirty side faces the air
inlet holes (figure 3-5).
(6) Replace the bottom pan.