LESSON 2 Operate SINCGARS NON-ICOM Frequency Hopping (NCS)
Operate SINCGARS NON-ICOM Frequency Hopping (NCS)
1. Performance: Given an installed SINCGARS NON-ICOM w/KY-
57, MX-10579 w/TSK and hopset, KYK-13 w/TEK, extracts of
TM 11-5820-890-10-3, TM 11-5810-256-10 and TM 11-5810-
256-OP-2, pencil, grease pencil, DA Form 2404 and a
qualified SOJT monitor.
2. Performance Oriented: Given Lesson 2 material, pencil,
paper and without supervision.
1. Performance: Correctly prepare and
operate a SINCGARS
NON-ICOM radio set as the NCS in
a secure Frequency
Hopping net, IAW performance measures
1 through 13 within
one out of two attempts and within 30
2. Performance Oriented: Demonstrate competency of the task
skills and knowledge by correctly responding to 75
examination covering Lesson 2.
TM 11-5820-890-10-3, TM 11-5810-256-10, and TM 11-5810-256-OP-2.
1. Situation. You are to operate your SINCGARS NON-ICOM radio set in the
54th IN BN command operations net. The net will be operating in the secure
frequency hopping mode.
You will be the operator at the NCS.
required to establish the net and perform a Cold Start net opening. Your
radio set is installed in a secure configuration. The net must be operating
at 0830 and it is now 0800.
2. Operating as the NCS using SINCGARS NON-ICOM radio systems is very
similar to net member operation except instead of receiving the ERF and
instructions you are sending and issuing them. Remember you as the NCS have
absolute authority in the operation of the net. You will be responsible for
establishing the net, and controlling the use of the net once it is in
operation. Traffic must flow without delay.