(12) Writing surfaces. Used to log in the keys in the fill positions.
(13) Memory battery. Mercury battery BA-1372 is used to supply voltage to the memory.
Maintains memory when the KY-57 is turned off. Life expectancy is 180 days. (6 months.)
b. Fill device. (KYK-13) Is a storage and transfer device used to hold variables and
electronically transfer them to the KY-57. Capable of holding six different keys.
(1) J1 connector. Male connector at the end of the KYK-13 used to interconnect the KY-57
and KYK-13 using a fill cable when performing loading operations. This is the preferred method of
(2) P1 connector. Female connector on the end of the KYK-13 used to directly connect the
KY-57 and KYK-13 when performing loading. Care must be taken not to overtighten the connection
when making a direct connection. The guide pins inside the connector may be broken.
(3) Writing surfaces. Used to log in the key contained in the fill position.
(4) FILL switch. Selects the fill position to be checked, loaded or zeroized. ALL is used to
zeroize all positions at once.
(5) Initiate button. Is used to perform parity checks to determine if there is a TEK in a
position. Light will flash if the position contains a fill. Also used to zeroize in conjunction with the fill
switch and mode switch.
(6) Parity indicator. Indicator light flashes if a key is present when position is checked and
when a key is transferred during loading. Will not flash when positions are being zeroized.
(7) MODE switch. Selects the function you want to perform.
(a) OFF/CK. The off check position is used to turn the KYK-13 off and to check the fill
positions for keys. (parity check.)
(b) ON. Applies operating voltage to the KYK-13.
(c) Z. The zero position is used to zeroize the fill positions in conjunction with the fill
switch and initiate button. This is a spring loaded position and the switch must be held while the initiate
button is pressed.