Figure 1-7. Mechanized infantry maneuver battalion
a. The HHC is depicted in Figure 1-8, page 1-12. The battalion HQ provides the battalion units
with the command, control, planning, supervision, unit administration, and logistical support required to
conduct operations. The HQ company provides unit administration and logistical support for the
battalion staff sections. The HQ company also provides mortar fine support, reconnaissance, unit
administration, and logistical support to the HHC.
(1) The command section provides command, control, and supervision of the operations of
the infantry battalion (mechanized) and attached units.
(2) The S1 section accomplishes personnel functions and administrative matters.
(3) The S2 section is responsible for combat intelligence and intelligence training.
(4) The S3 section is responsible for matters pertaining to the organization, training, and
operations of the battalion and attached units.
(5) The S4 section is responsible for maintenance, transportation, facilities, food service, and