(4) Rotate the lamp control knob (1) clockwise slowly and set the ammeter (2) at the reading
posted on the calibration card (3) located above the ammeter.
FOR ACCURATE CALIBRATION--LOOK STRAIGHT AT THE AMMETER
WHEN SETTING THE NEEDLE.
(5) Open the dark slide (4) on the top of the sensitometer.
(6) Push and release the exposure button (5) on the right side of the sensitometer to check the
shutter (6) operation. The shutter should rotate one time only.
(7) Locate the two filter holders (7) and (8) between the shutter (6) and the step wedge (9).
(8) Check to insure that the required neutral density filter (10) is properly installed in the neutral
density filter holder (7).
THE AMOUNT OF NEUTRAL DENSITY IS NORMALLY DETERMINED BY
THE FILM SPEED; HOWEVER, IT IS PROVIDED FOR YOU HERE AND IS
POSTED ON TOP OF THE SENSITOMETER.
(9) Push the exposure button (5) to insure that the neutral density filter completely covers the
(10) Close the dark slide (4) on top of sensitometer.
AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE MADE EVERYTHING READY FOR YOUR
NEXT STEP, WHICH IS TO EXPOSE YOUR SENSISTRIP. THIS IS
NORMALLY DONE IN TOTAL DARKNESS. HOWEVER, TO INSURE
THAT YOU CAN PERFORM THE EXPOSURE STEPS IN TOTAL
DARKNESS, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRACTICE THE FOLLOWING
STEPS WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED OR BLINDFOLDED, TO AID YOU IN
ADAPTING TO A DARKROOM SITUATION.