b. 50 Hz drive gear installation for 50 Hz operation. If it is
necessary to install the 50 Hz drive gear (figure 313), remove the 60 Hz
drive gear as described in a above.
(1) To install the 50 Hz drive gear, insert the gear drive pin into the
motor shaft, holding the pin in place with a screwdriver blade or similar
(2) Slide the 50 Hz drive gear onto the drive shaft with the hub of the
gear toward the base assembly until the gear hub encloses the gear retaining
(3) Push the Teflon retaining washer onto the drive shaft until it seats
in the groove on the motor shaft.
(4) Replace the solution tray and processing rack assembly (para 36b
(5) Snap the gear latch over the rack drive gear shaft (figure 313).