(3) The OFF-RUN switch is normally in the RUN position.
(4) The air intake shutter should be in the SUMMER position for
temperatures above 32F and in the WINTER position for temperatures
32F and below.
f. Electric starting instructions for MEP-016A.
(1) Turn VARIABLE RESISTOR knob (labeled ADJUST VOLTS) fully
counterclockwise (Figure 11A).
(3) Place the FUEL SELECTOR valve in SET
(4) Place air intake shutter in the proper position, depending
on ambient temperature (Figure 11A).
(6) Close choke with choke control lever (Figure 11A).
(7) Place OFF-RUN switch to RUN position (Figure 11A).
(8) Hold STARTING switch in the START position a maximum of 15
If engine does not start, allow to cool for one minute
before attempting to restart (Figure 11B).
(9) Place GOVERNOR control in GOVERN position (Figure 11A).
(10) Gradually open choke with choke control lever as engine
attains operating temperature (Figure 11A).
g. Manual starting instructions for MEP-016A (Figure 12).
(2) Set the fuel selector valve to the TANK or AUX position
whichever fuel source you are using.
(3) Set the OUTPUT SELECTOR switch which is inside the control
box to the generator voltage output that matches the connected load.
(4) Turn the voltage adjusting rheostat all the way
(5) Set the CARBURETOR THROTTLE control in START position.