h. Diffusing glass replacement.
(1) Raise the driving mechanism.
(2) Loosen the two knurled thumbscrews that are located at each of the four corners of the light
box and swing the metal retainer away from the corners.
(3) Lift up and remove the printing glass.
(4) Slacken filter to gain access to the diffusing glass.
(5) Lift up and remove the diffusing glass.
(6) Set the replacement diffusing glass in place over the lamps and place the printing glass on the
(7) Secure the glasses by swinging the metal retainers across the corners and tightening the
i. Film roller replacement.
(1) Loosen the knurled thumbscrew that secures the film roller bracket to the case.
(2) While holding the film roller with one hand, slide the bracket away from the film roller, and
remove the roller.
(3) Insert one end of the replacement film roller into the stationary bracket and slide the loosened
bracket into the other end of the roller.
(4) Secure by tightening the knurled thumbscrew.
j. Gearbelt replacement. There are two gearbelts at the rear of the contact printer. Each is replaced
in an identical manner.
(1) Remove the gearbelt cover by removing eight screws.
(2) Loosen the screw that applied the belt tension, move the idler away from the belt, and remove
(3) Install the new belt and secure by swinging the idler against the belt until the belt tension is
firm, and tighten the screw on the idler.
(4) Replace the gearbelt cover and secure with eight screws.