(5) Attach the terminals (7) to the terminal board as previously tagged.
(6) Install the control box cover (1) and secure it with the screws.
(7) Attach the connector plug (5) to the free end of the power cable.
(8) Reconnect the power cable to the power source.
Replacing the power cable on the EL-5(3), EL-5(4), and EL-5(5) -(F33657-67-C-0314) (fig. 3-21).
a. Removal. The power cable can be replaced as a unit. Disconnect the power cable from the
power source and the power input receptacle on the control panel. Determine if the power cable can be
repaired. If the power cable can be repaired, proceed as directed in the repair instructions below. Replace
the power cable if the connectors are damaged and cannot be repaired or if the repair of the power cable
would shorten the cable to an unusable length.
(1) Remove the screw (1) and the lockwasher (2) from the body (9) and insert (4).
(2) Remove the washer (3) and separate the nut (8) from the insert.
(3) Loosen the screw on the clamp (5).
(4) Unscrew the clamp (5) from the body (9).
(5) Slide the clamp, the washer (6), the ferrule (7), and the nut (8) down the cable (19).
(6) Unscrew the body (9) from the insert (4).
(7) Tag the exposed wires on the cable (19) and disconnect the tagged wires from the insert.
(8) Remove the body (9), the nut (8), the ferrule (7), the washer (6), and the clamp (5) from the
(9) Loosen the screws on the clamp (14) and separate the clamp from the body halves (13).
(10) Remove the screw (11) and washer (12) and separate the body halves (13). Do not remove
the identification tag (10) unless it is necessary to do so.