11. Installation in small flatbed vehicles. Install the reel unit in a small flatbed vehicle as
a. Prepare the frame.
b. Place the frame in an upright position on the floor of the vehicle several inches away
from the rear edge of the truck bed. The exact location will depend on the type of vehicle
used. If the truck bed has a corrugated floor, bolt wooden crosspieces to the floor to provide a
level mounting surface for the reel unit.
c. To permanently mount the unit, use the holes in the frame legs as pilot holes and
drill holes in the truck bed. Bolt the frame to the floor of the truck.
d. To temporarily mount the unit, set a toe clamp over the foot of each frame leg. Use
the holes in the toe clamps as locating holes. Spot and drill two holes in the truck bed for each
clamp. Bolt the toe clamps to the truck bed. (See Figure 41.) Install the frame as follows:
(1) Release the pin catches on the cross braces. Swing the cross braces against
the cross arms.
(2) Insert the feet of the front frame legs under the front toe clamps.
(3) Spread the frame and insert the feet of the rear frame legs under the rear toe
(4) Move the cross braces to the bracing position and fasten them in place with the