a. First we will identify all the movable parts of the 4x5-inch view
camera and describe their functions (fig's 1-27, 1-28 and 1-29):
4x5-inch view camera (rear-side view)
(1) Camera mount adjust knob - positions camera mount on monorail bed.
(2) Rear carriage lock knob - locks rear carriage on monorail bed.
loosened, permits rear carriage to slide on monorail bed.
(3) Rear carriage release lever - when raised, permits rapid sliding of
rear carriage along monorail bed.
(4) Rear carriage - holds rear frame.
(5) Pressure back - holds film holder.
(6) Rear frame - tilts and holds rotating back, ground glass and pressure
(7) Front frame - tilts and holds lens board.