(10) Let tape run, after review, to cut point.
NOTE: Tape will automatically stop at cue point if not interrupted.
(11) Remove the tape from recorder/reproducer.
(12) Turn power off.
c. Cassette units are similar to the cartridge system except that the tape is contained in one
inclosure that has two reels (one supply and one take up).
d. All professional recorder/reproducer units have five controls that regulate tape motion. They
(1) Play - moves the tape at a designated speed.
(2) Record - activates the erase and record heads.
(3) Fast forward - advances the tape at high speed.
(4) Reverse - rewinds the tape at high speed.
(5) Stop - brakes the reels to a stop.
e. Functional operating procedures for the audiotape cassette recorder/reproducer are:
(1) Connect and install all accessories required in accordance with manufacturer's manual.
(2) Turn power switch to ON.
(3) Check operating indicators and battery levels.
(4) Set playback volume controls.
(5) Activate the PLAY mode 10 seconds.
(6) Set input levels to 0db, (100%) by depressing the PAUSE, PLAY and RECORD buttons.
(7) Reset the counter to 000.
(8) Activate Record mode by depressing the PAUSE button and record input source.
(9) Activate STOP mode.
(10) Activate REWIND mode until the counter reads 000.