(6) Coordinate requirements for visual information, records management, and printing and
(7) Supervise the unit maintenance of unit signal support equipment.
(8) Monitor the status of unit and subordinate unit signal support equipment in support
(9) Prepare and write the Signal Annex of unit operations orders, operations plans, and the
(10) Serve as the communications security (COMSEC) officer for the unit COMSEC account.
(11) Supervise the unit COMSEC custodian.
(12) Serve as the primary terminal area security officer in the unit.
(13) Issue and account for security equipment, key lists, codes, ciphers, and authentication
systems per current regulations.
(14) Maintain, issue, and account for the unit signal operating instructions (SOI) in accordance
with current regulations.
(15) Prepare, update, and present unit training programs pertaining to a aspects of
communications and automation, including COMSEC, electronic security, technical signal training for
all unit personnel, and an extensive cross-training program.
(16) Ensue signal training is part of all aspects of unit training exercises.
(17) Determine, with the unit S3 and headquarters company commander, the exact location of
the unit command post (CP) and support area.
(18) Ensure that areas selected afford the maximum in communications potential and the
minimum in potential threat interference through electronic warfare (EW).
(19) Exercise complete operational control (OPCON) of the unit communications platoon and
(20) Plan and supervise communications support when moving the CP, to include an attack
CP, as required.
(21) Assist in preparing EW plans and annexes.